Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Reduced in price
This is a great business and is suitably poised to appeal to a wide range of buyers;
• At home and have some spare time during the week
• Looking to get into business for the first time
• Already working in the print/advertising industry and looking to break out and ‘do your own thing’
• An advertising business looking to grow via acquisition
• The owner may consider selling the publications separately if the required
Reason for Sale
Focus on other business interests
About the Business
These magazines have been providing two north Brisbane locations with a comprehensive what’s on guide, great local stories, news and events for over five years. Content is split circa 50/50 between feature articles and adverts. This has proven popular with local businesses with a large number having supported the magazines since inception. There is little competition in this space and each publication has further room for growth.
Local businesses face a real dilemma when it comes to promoting their business; mass advertising has become more expensive, more fragmented, less predictable and less laser guided when it comes to reaching the target audience.
This business model has successfully claimed a real gap in the market by offering local businesses a targeted audience, constantly communicated to, at a price that all businesses can afford.
The operational platform of this business means the owner has an excellent work/life balance. The business does not rely solely on the owner as it has long term relationships with specialist contracted professionals (international and local contractors). All per-work scoping, work allocation, printing, through to distribution is controlled by these external contractors.
• Home based
• 1 x salesperson and multiple ‘freelancers’
• Monthly publications focusing on two localities
• Print run of 11,000 per publication, stocked in over 750 outlets
• Estimated readership in excess of 44,000 per month
• Long standing and loyal advertisers with top 10 clients accounting for no more than 28% of revenue
• All sales activity (and other duties) managed by a salesperson working 4 days per week
• All other work is outsourced (creative, editorial, photos and printing, etc.)
• Both publications have additional capacity and scope to increase the number pages per issue
North Brisbane Suburbs
Owner focusing on other business interests
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business