Turnover: $2.4m – Expecting $3m turnover this year – Return approx. 27%
Morleys Machinery Traralgon was established in 1952 by Don Morley and was the first Stihl distributor in Australia. Today, the business sells and services many of the world’s most respected and best-known brands of timber and gardening power tools for commercial and domestic use. After taking over the business in 2010, the Hurst family has expanded the showroom and increased sales by 100%.
• Major suppliers include Stihl, Honda, CFMoto, Briggs & Stratton, Ferris, Victa, Masport – also has the dealership for MTD & Rover
• Customers include general public, local power stations & the paper mill (APM)
• Also provides sales & service to a large number of small contractors
• Premises well located in the CBD of Traralgon – excellent access for both customer & delivery drop off
• 560m2 with 2 roller doors for deliveries & main front door for customers
• Rear roller door opens onto a lane way at the rear of Woolworths – access for semi- trailers
• Lease is 5 + 5 + 5. Currently in first year of first 5- year lease
• Building may be available to purchase
• Marketing through major suppliers – plus Website, Facebook & some TV advertising
• Sale includes Ford Econoline Van & Forklift
• Trading hours can be altered to suit
• Training period will be provided to ensure a smooth handover
• Current owners are now retiring after many successful years in the business
Gippsland is a fabulous lifestyle destination with everything a family needs close-by. Traralgon is close to 90 Mile Beach and great fishing spots, like Port Albert. It is also close to the High Country for camping and 4-wheel-driving.
Already very successful, this business offers a number of business opportunities that could be followed up if the new owner is keen.
Price: $700K Goodwill including plant & equipment plus Stock (approx. 1.1m atm variable).
Property Code: 2465