Botanical Gardens, Professional Horse Facilities, Abundant Water & More
Whether you’re searching for an idyllic country home, a horse lover’s dream or a substantial holding with business potential, this outstanding property delivers.
Built in the early 1900s – and sensitively renovated since - ‘Wongalea’ is one of the finest homes on the market today. Offering an incredible lifestyle and amazing value, this country estate wants for nothing.
The location alone makes it highly desirable, just 2 hours from Canberra, 4 hours from Sydney and an hour from Orange and Bathurst. Bear in mind that this property offers substantial acreage, making its replacement value much higher.
Wongalea gives you 15.3 hectares – that’s 38 acres – just a stroll from the village of Morongla and 15km from Cowra CBD.
• Sealed road right to the front gate
• Striking first impression with large inviting gates
• Park-life grounds comprising botanical gardens (lit at night), manicured lawns, Buxus hedging and topiary, English cottage gardens, Japanese gardens with ponds and waterfalls, Bonsai house, established fruit trees, vegetable garden & more
• Entertaining and alfresco dining areas with large inground pool
• Very large dam complete with pontoon and water feature – stocked with more than a hundred Japanese koi, some over 25 years old
• Unbelievable horse facilities, including 10 fully electrified fenced paddocks, 10 indoor horse stables, 10 outdoor holding yards, fully operational horse working shed with tack room, 2 outdoor wash bays, sand work arena & more
• Multiple sheds, workshops & storage areas
• 5-kilowatt solar system (20 panels)
• Approx. 100,000 litres of water storage plus bore
• Lock-up garage + 3-car carport+ 4-car overflow carpark
• Fully enclosed chook yard with double enclosure + dog kennels & exercise area
• The house
• 5 bedrooms (master with walk-in robe) & 2 bathrooms
• Multiple living areas – one large enough for a full-sized billiard table
• Separate wine cellar or office
• 3m x 3m walk-in cool room
• Air-conditioning, gas heating plus a large open fireplace
The list just goes on and on – and seeing is believing! As soon as you drive through those impressive gates, it will be love at first sight. There’s just one ‘Wow’ factor after another!
Those amazing gardens are certainly a standout feature at Wongalea, as they’ve been over a hundred years in the making. With something different at every turn, you’ll never grow bored of walking through these stunningly beautiful grounds.
An added bonus is the professional horse facilities, offering you the opportunity to turn your passion into a business.
Cowra is fast becoming one of the most sought-after country locations with multiple new estates, great shopping centres, commercial/retail developments and lifestyle resources.
An astute buyer will understand the real value of this stunning property – but you’ll have to act promptly as you’ll never see anything like it again.
To find out more and arrange a viewing time contact:
Mark A Willoughby