- Long term tenants – Booming short term market and other opportunities combined.
- Huge potential and high exposure with a significant upside available.
- 77 registered sites comprising 18 powered caravan sites, 10 ensuite sites, 3 onsite van, 5 cabins, 2 villas, 18 unpowered grassed sites (seasonal), 24 permanent residents on ensuite powered sites, 1 x 3 single room King Caravan and camping area (Conservative and increasing).
- Onsite Management couple supported by three casual staff, all long-term.
- Guest laundry facilitated with three Maytag commercial washing machines and two commercial gas dryers - all coin operated.
- Ample exterior clotheslines.
- All the linen for the cabins/villas is hired and laundered commercially offsite.
- Manager’s Residence: Well-appointed kitchen and open plan living, three bedrooms with built-in robes, two bathrooms, laundry, air conditioning, ceiling fans, and a combination of timber, lino and carpet floors. Outside it features a balcony, covered verandah, private yard and carport.
- 3.99 Ha (Lot 2 on RP ------ Title Reference: --------) with 2.75 acre area set aside for camping (part of the total land size)
Currently two building development approvals in place with the WRC for the installation of 4 dongas (3 x accommodation dongas, 12 rooms + 1 camp kitchen) to service the increase in demand for long-term, self-contained workers accommodation for repeat and new business.
The other development approval is for 8 x self-contained block structures on existing ensuite powered sites to cater for more permanent living spaces for those without caravans and lack of rentable options in Bowen. There is also an additional 3.5 acres at the rear of the park which can be developed with council approvals.
The business has room for growth with the ability to add other initiatives for additional growth and magnification of the bottom-line profits for the owner. The site is located just off the Bruce Highway on the main entrance to Bowen heading North
Significant projects are happening in the area and the property benefits a lot from contractors coming to the area with more coming because of Abbot Point, Abbot Point State Development Area (SDA), Abbot Point Clean Energy Hub (The project is expected to provide 1,200 jobs during construction, and 250 ongoing skilled jobs.)
Construction on the orbital launch facility – one of Australia’s first - at the Abbott Point State Development Area is well underway with contractors working on the construction shed and launch pad.
Currently under full management with well-established systems in place, that can be easily followed by any operator, even a new couple to the industry, this easy to manage complex has a mix of revenue areas with a significant high margin, low-cost accommodation business.
Benefiting from the areas untouched beaches, beautiful bays and warm tropical climate, guests are able to enjoy an average of 8 hours sunshine daily in what many claim as the best climate in Queensland.
Contact Michael Philpott from Tourism Brokers for further information or to arrange an inspection.
Property ID: 875CPF (quote when enquiring)
Property Code: 4415