Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Award-winning Eco Nature Lodge for sale on the edge of the magical indigenous Knysna Forest.
An unbelievable Lifestyle in one of the most beautiful places on earth.
A well-run and well-documented business that requires as little or as much time and effort from the owners as they desire.
Profitable business, even with a managing couple in place.
5 charming Woodcutter 2-bedroom cottages with a beautiful 2-bedroom double story Owner's Residence - including a 1-bedroom managers' flatlet.
A 64 square meter picturesque Deck (fully equipped to cater for 40 people) on one of the Lily Ponds - ideal for events and meals for guests.
51% Annualised Occupancy (50/50 local and international), 86% Peak Season Occupancy, 25% Return Visitors.
Zoning: Resort Zone 1
- 2018 Trip Advisor Hall of Fame Award for Service Excellence (5 consecutive years of Service Excellence).
- 98% Guest Satisfaction on most independent guest review platforms like Trip Advisor, Booking. com, etc.
- 100 000L water storage capacity, with 4 sources of water (river, borehole, rainwater harvesting and greywater treatment plant).
- 3-Phase Eskom Electricity.
- Close to R1m spent on upgrades and improvement in the last 3 years - property is in a great condition and only really requires wear and tear maintenance from here onwards.
- A large vegetable, fruit and herb garden on the edge of the forest.
- Fully Equipped Cottages (Fireplace, Flat screen TV, DVD player, fridge, stove, microwave, Wi-Fi, DSTV, etc)
- Close to amazing tourist attractions like the exclusive Drupkelders Hike that starts at our gate and leads to beautiful rock formations, cola coloured rock pools and a waterfall - only 12 people are allowed in here per day.
- Beautifully maintained mature gardens with picturesque Lily Ponds stocked with Tilapia fish.
- Popular Pool and Kiddies Play area.
- A forest facing meditation corner with a yoga deck, meditation spiral and bamboo water fountain.
- 2 VIP Donkeys - Hansel & Gretel (people return just for them : ))
- Prolific bird life and frequent visiting wildlife like bushbuck, etc.
- Very strong Social Media presence with more than 7 500 followers on Facebook and Instagram.
- Modern & comprehensive website (80 pages) that is SEO optimised with more than 35 000 visitors per annum.
- A comprehensive Google AdWords Account with more than 2 000 clicks per month.
- A Direct Marketing Database in excess of 9 000 contacts (Tour Operators, Travel Agents, Guests that either stayed with / enquired at Forest Edge over past 10 years).
If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to move to one of the most beautiful places in the world, coupled with a very rewarding business in an enjoyable industry - then Do not miss this one!!!
Real Property Included
A beautiful 2-bedroom double story Owner's Residence - including a 1-bedroom managers' flatlet.
Edge of the magical indigenous Knysna Forest, Rheenendal
Owners are relocating
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business