Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
• Refurbished cafe, 2019, with prominent return frontage
• Covers for 25 within split level ground floor cafe
• Eclectic fit out including individual artwork
• Lower ground floor cellar style surroundings providing further seating
• Suitable for a wide variety of trading styles
• Low cost base with annual rent of £6,000, nil business rates
• #1 rated cafe within Town on Trip Advisor and many 5* reviews
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, bideford is the second largest town in north devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing atlantic park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current local plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known north devon locations such as appledore, westward ho!, instow and northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of exmoor national park, the beaches around woolacombe, croyde and saunton, and the devon-cornwall border.
the property is situated on the corner of high street and grenville street, with a wide variety of retail, office and leisure operators in the immediate vicinity including pound stretcher, the original factory store and ladbrokes.
The property and construction
being a refurbished cafe lock up unit (redecorated spring 2019) with a feature split level ground floor providing covers for circa 25. The property is fitted with a wide range of artwork providing cosy yet light surroundings. In contrast there is a lower ground floor which offers a more cellar style environment with exposed beam ceiling joists and covers for a further 22. The premises are well suited to offer a wide variety of trading styles dependent on new owners desire, whether it be daytime trade, evening trade or both.
our clients are inviting offers for the leasehold interest, with a new 6 year lease available upon completion at a rent of £6,000 per annum.
our clients have owned the business since 2013 and operate with little / no staffing with current opening hours of mon – sat 10.00am – 4.00pm. Our clients also undertake a monthly quiz evening and it is thought that evening events could offer considerable scope such as “supper club”, greek night, indian night etc. New owners could even operate as an evening bistro if desired. Having achieved many 5 star trip advisor reviews the business attracts both locals and those visiting the area, with a large proportion considered repeat customers. Such are the reviews the business has it is currently #1 rated cafe in the local town. Further accountancy information is available upon request.
any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
the property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
the property is sold with the benefit of a premises licence.
payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Energy performance certificate
please contact the agents for a copy of the energy performance certificate and recommendation report.
The accommodation (comprises)
28`3 x 18`2 (8.60 m x 5.55 m) table and chair seating on ground floor and balcony level with covers for circa 25, wood flooring, down lighters and ceiling hung lighting, counter and coffee servery with double coffee machine, coffee grinder, background music speakers, timber wainscoting,
Counter fridges, electric combi oven, 6 burner gas oven, double deep fat fryer, griddle, extraction system, microwave, contact grill, stainless steel single drainer sink, dishwasher, freezer, non slip floor, stainless steel clad walls, double chiller, ice machine, adjoining wash up area with dishwasher, stainless steel single drainer sink, chest freezer, second kitchen area (not fitted and currently used for storage with freezer and fridge / freezer)
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
Separate street level entrance
Lower ground floor seating
29`3 x 13`6 (8.90 m x 4.10 m) Cellar style seating with covers for circa 22, beamed ceiling, background music speakers, 3 electric wall panel heaters
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property misdescriptions act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business