- Price: Expressions of Interest
- Categories: Industrial/Manufacturing, Professional
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from interested parties to take over this well established and profitable biotechnology business (based in Malaysia) with new products under development (in food testing, Covid-19 test kits and face masks) in the pipeline. This is a rare opportunity for an entrepreneur or an existing medical device/pharmaceutical company to acquire and expand into the ASEAN market.
The company operations in Malaysia specialises in Research, Development, Manufacturing and Distribution of In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) KIts for Point of Collection/Care testing. The over-the-counter (OTC) Rapid Test Kits are used for detection of various tests (described below).
In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) has become an essential and fast-growing part of the global healthcare system, as they add value to patients, medical professionals and the industry along with enhancing the well-being of the population as a whole.
Below are some of the key features of the business:-
- The business started in 1996 by importing, assembling and marketing rapid test kits. In 2008, the company set up a state of the art research and development laboratory based on the lateral flow immunoassay technologies.
- The company has developed, manufactured and supplied 16 different types of drugs of abuse tests products, fertility tests such as pregnancy and ovulation test kits and rapid immunochromatographic test kits for infectious disease such as HIV 1 & 2, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and HCV and Tuberculosis.
- You have the option to rent or acquire this well set up state of the art manufacturing facility and R & D laboratory. It is GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) Certified and ISO13485:2003/AC2009 accredited. Thus, complies with Medical Device - Quality Management Systems and meets all the requirements for regulatory purposes. Factory size: 11,800 sq. ft.
- The sale includes all the intellectual properties, product formulas, registered trademarks, brands, government approvals including some new products to be launched.
- The new owner will be able to take advantage of the huge and relatively untapped ASEAN markets by expanding the OEM/ODM markets, growing the channel of distribution that services hospitals, government agencies and pharmacies.
- The current owner wishes to retire but will provide all necessary support and assistance to ensure a smooth handover.
- More information will be shared with interested parties on the business, the IVD market and the manufacturing process and statutory approvals.
If you have a genuine interest in this growing business opportunity please contact us for more details.