Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Historic working hotel located in the heart of the Silver City Broken Hill, Australias first heritage listed city and gateway to the Outback. Internationally recognised from its starring role in “Priscilla Queen of the Desert”, home to Australias newest regional festival “Broken Heel Festival” ~ Celebrating this cult movie and musical.
Interior walls and ceilings adorned in over 500sqm of paintings painted in 1980’s by Aboriginal artist Gordan Waye. This building was retro, ecletic & kitsche before it became mainstream.
Only 2 owners since the 1970’s its bursting with potential and is recognised on the federal & State heritage register, and plays an important role in this dynamic regional hub.
This is your chance to hold an Australian icon and create a part of Australian history…
• Lot 1: Hotel and Lot 2 – Total of plus opportunity for Lot 3 adjacent the hotel
• Prime positioning – Corner position in Heritage city block, highly exposed to to main areas, main highway from NSW to WA, plus SA & VIC tourism traffic
• Rich history dating back to 1889, in Australias 1st heritage listed city, part of a city boosting innumerable firsts and continued expansion(see full sale doc)
• Holds Australias Only All Year Round Two Up Licence (held on belhalf of BHCC) runs weekly TwoUp game
• 48 Accommodation rooms plus managers apartment. 9 Ensuite rooms, including the famous “Priscilla Suite “, remainder mix single, twins, triples, dorms, family rooms. Elevator
• Hotel – 3 floors plus cellars, Shed, lock up gararge & carport. Plus plans for expansion into adjoining building to showcase Priscilla assets & offer alternate function space.
• Priscilla Assets include : * Singlet from barfly character “Shirl” from movie, signed poster : Stephan Elliott (Writer/Director, Hugo Weaving (Actor) & June Bennett (Shirl Movie, ), Priscilla the Musical: Million Dollar stage show Bus (Australian Shows), 6m high Stiletto, 3m High Stiletto, 3m x 5m Neon sign, various musical props and costumes. (These props held under perpetual licence from Broken Hill City Council)
• Significant cellars part of the original Spiritous Men only Saloon bar ~ including original timber staircase
See Sale doc for full listing of furnishings, fittings and operations.
Further information available upon request, please contact seller below for more details.
Real Property Included
Managers apartment located on 1st floor has : 1 bedroom + bathroom,
kitchen, lounge, Outdoor Terrace + LAN to main server
The Palace Hotel is a key piece of historical tourism infrastructure within the story of the of the Silver City of Broken Hill. Its sits on a prominent corner in the beautiful heritage civic block. The Palace Hotel delivers a unique and authentic hospitality offering that supplements the regions overall state and national destination appeal.
Broken Hill is the regional hub of Far West NSW. It is located on the Barrier Highway linking the East Coast to West Coast and Queensland thru to South Australia. It is situated 1,067 kms west of Sydney and 508 km north east of Adelaide.
The population of Far Western NSW is 45,896 with 18,517 people living in Broken Hill.
In 2015 Broken Hill became Australia’s first National Heritage listed city recognising it as an example of "exceptional" places that contribute to the national identity, reflected in its recognition as a significant heritage tourism destination within Australia. Tourism and hospitality is the 2nd biggest employer of the city servicing the 150k tourists that visit each year.
Broken Hill boasts community infrastructure that is the envy of many larger communities reflective of the enormous wealth from its mining operations which included the beginning of BHP. It also continues to grow as a regional health hub in operations and training for NSW health.
Within Broken Hill and the region there are still significant mining operations and associated industry that continue to develop and expand in a region that has been one of the world’s longest and richest mining operations.
As a well-established tourist destination it has excellent regional transport options of rail, road and air. REX Airlines operate daily direct flights ex Broken Hill Airport to and from Sydney, Dubbo, Adelaide, Melbourne and Mildura. The Great Southern Rails Indian Pacific train and Country Links XPT offer bi-weekly and weekly services as well as a daily bus service ex Sydney.
Experiences that the region offer include; Numerous Art galleries including Pro Hart and Jack Absalom (Brushman of the Bush), Living Desert Sculpture Symposium, Silverton, Mundi Mundi Lookout, Mutawintji, Mungo & Kinchega National Parks, Royal Flying Doctors Service, Day Dream Mine, Outback Astronomy, Line of Lode, Mineral Museum, Film and Rail history, visits to one of the largest solar farms in the southern hemisphere.
Locations of Broken Hill featuring Palace Hotel
The prominent travel guide, Lonely Planet, has listed Outback Australia and Broken Hill at number four in its list of “Films where the destination is the star”. Read more at http://www.etbtravelnews.global
Operational Hotel, Restaurant, Accommodation and Function business
All properties 3880 sq. m
Multiple Freehold Properties;
227 Argent Street – 2919 sq m Main Palace building -Lot 10,
Section 42 DP759092
187 Crystal Lane – 569 sq. m Shed and garaging plus parking -Lot 24,
Section 42 DP759092
221 Argent Street – 392 sq. m dual front shop with parking and rear access
Lot 2 DP 911588 (V958, F186)
All fixtures and fittings, plant & equipment , furnishings
Room contents for 48 accommodation Rooms & Managers Apartment
Contract for Australia’s Only All Year Round Two Up Game
Contract Priscilla the Musical Props including Stage Bus, 6m Stiletto, 3m stiletto & others
Website www.thepalacehotelbrokenhill.com.au , Facebook design
Cellar 1960’s Vintage Wine and Spirit Collection
Office Historic, Taxidermy and Relic Items
Excludes Trading Food and Alcohol Stock on Hand
Excludes Broken Heel Festival Ownership however will form a key partner resulting in financial gain to Palace Hotel
Enormous avenues for potential. See Sale Doc for full information.
Dissolve of current partnership.
Accommodation 7 Days Week
Bar Hours : 7 Days Week, Mon - Wed: 3pm - Midnight, Thurs-Sat: Midday - Midnight, Sun: Midday-10pm
Kitchen : 7 Days Week, Mon - Wed: 5pm - 9pm, Thurs-Sat: 12-2.30pm / 5pm-9.30pm, Sun: 12-2.30pm / 5pm-8.30pm
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business